Sunday 19 May 2013

13 Goals and could well have been a lot more

CMFL NORTH DIVISION

EASINGTON UNITED AFC 8 BENTLEY COLLIERY FC 5

Shawn wanted to go to the seaside, so I saw Easington United had a home match this weekend, so noting I;d not been to the lovely village club Easington since the groundhop some years ago, I looked at the Ibis website and booked a family room for the weekend, so we could go to Bridlington for the Sunday.

On arrival, main man Richard Lusmore was slightly worried as he was having problems with the generator, but being the superman he is, he got it repaired and the coffee pot was soon on and a friendly greeting was received by all from the hosts.

The match kicked off and I suppose I thought well 2 clubs nothing to play for, the usual end of season 1-0 perhaps..boy was I wrong..goal within 3 minutes put the hosts in front, but I had a problem, no phone signal in Easington and my tweets werent working or saving, so no idea who scored or what times..oh well it was 4-2 at half time and though I'd not seen a game with 10 goals in it all season, I thought the game may die a death in the second half. subs were made, but this just improved the game with fresh legs. Goals going in from all angles and awful misses as well, saw 13 goals scored, possibly 10 close chances and about 5 poor missus..not often you get a entertaining game like this. 

Must add as usual from Richard, a First Class programme, so if you havent ever been to Easington, get up there for a lovely welcome from these genuine people and a great programme.

Went to the pub after and had a couple including one bought by the club chairman before setting off up the coast to Withernsea and Hornsea before heading back to the hotel for a good nights kip.

Just one last match for me this season, the Notts Senior League Senior Cup Final between Bulwell FC and Keyworth United FC on Tuesday Evening 7.30pm kick off at Arnold Town FC. Hazel will be doing a charity raffle.

Photos from the game can be seen HERE

Easington United AFC Website/Twitter

Bentley Colliery FC Website

No comments:

Post a Comment