Monday 8 April 2013

TEVERSAL HAMMER DOWN THE BRIDGE

Northern Counties East League
Division One
TEVERSAL FC 4 WORSBROUGH BRIDGE ATHLETIC 0

Having not been to Teversal FC for quite a long time, when Richard Lane rang me up and offered me a lift, it was too good a chance to miss. Teversal FC are always a first class friendly club from Mr Kev Tevvie Newton to his wife who runs the superb Tevvie Food Bar with her helper, to the friendly gatemen to Mr Keith Tevvie Parnell.

Pre-match consisted of having my lovely pie & chips followed by chatting to Simon Matters, then Pete Chappell, Big Mac and Bury Paul. On my way out of the building I bumped in to old friend Steve Haslam.

I drifted in to the cold of the night and stood around the half way line, with Tevvie attacking the far end, though it was the visitors who had the better of the first 15 minutes and had a few chances to take the lead, but didnt put their chances away. The homesters then began to settle down and get more in to the game.

On 20 minutes, a corner from the right was swung in and home captain KRIS WITCOMBE rose to head his side in front. The night was now becoming a bit colder with a biting wind, so we moved to have a wall at the back of us and there I met Mr Clipstone Barry Clarke.

On the half hour, Teversal had taken full control of this game and it came as no surprise when JAKE VERNON volleyed the homesters in to a 2-0 lead.

In to the clubhouse for the half time break, where Barry Clarke bought me a black coffee, that thawed me out. The referee was so good he waited for me to come outside again before blowing his whistle to start the Second Half.

For the Second Half, I strolled down to have a good chat with Kev Newton, then in the 59th minute, DAVID COCKERILL weaved around his defender before blasting home the third goal of the game.

Both sides then made subs and it was still Teversal attacking with missed chances. With just 11 minutes to go, a ball was played out to the left winger and DANNY WILLIAMS belted the ball into the back of the visitors net.

As people were leaving the ground, a couple came and asked Kev if he had any spare programmes from previous matches and Kev gave them a couple free of charge. I commented if they came on my groundhop there would be loads of programmes on sale cheap, to which the chap asked if I was Rob Hornby and thanked me as his 2 tickets had arrived this morning.

I would like to thank Kev for the donation of programmes for my charity stall for the Notts Senior League Groundhop that takes place on Friday 19/Saturday 20th April.

Teversal FC Website

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic FC Website

NOTTS SENIOR LEAGUE GROUNDHOP

We have now sold 149 Advanced Tickets, it would be great if we reached a target of 160. There is one match in Friday 19th April & 4 on Saturday 20th April..5 matches...5 grounds..5 programmes only a bargain of £15, so come & watch and support Non League Football..for more details and booking form, please contact me on either 01623 486678 or hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment